Yungblud has revealed that a dirt bike accident left him nursing an injured leg, throwing an unexpected obstacle into the middle of life on the road. For an artist whose performances depend on relentless movement and explosive energy, the timing could hardly have been worse. Yet rather than announcing a retreat from the stage, the British rocker made his intentions unmistakably clear. His defiant “Let’s ride” message signaled that the shows will continue, even as he deals with the aftermath of the crash. Now fans are watching closely to see how Yungblud handles the injury when the lights come up again.

Yungblud injures his leg, will continue performingA painful leg injury isn’t keeping Yungblud away from his fans.

The British musician, whose real name is Dominic Harrison, revealed that he injured his leg in a dirt bike accident just two hours before performing at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota on August 9. Despite the accident, the 29-year-old went ahead with the show.

Fan-recorded TikTok footage captured Yungblud addressing the injury from the stage and warning the crowd that his usual energetic performance would have to look a little different.

“I’m not gonna be able to hop around and f—ing shake my ass like I normally do,” he told the audience.

He then grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniel’s whiskey and added, “However, I’m gonna keep drinking this Jack.”

Separate fan footage shared on Facebook showed the “Zombie” singer riding his dirt bike before the performance.

Yungblud Shows the Extent of His Injury

 

Xem bài viết này trên Instagram

 

Bài viết do YUNGBLUD (@yungblud) chia sẻ

A week later, Yungblud gave fans a clearer look at what he was dealing with.

In an Instagram post shared Sunday, August 16, the singer included a photo of himself using crutches while sitting on two kegs. His injured leg was wrapped in compression material extending from his hip to his toes.

Another image offered a closer look at his crutches and wrapped leg.

Still, Yungblud made it clear that the injury was not derailing his upcoming performances.

“Leg f—ed. Still giggin. Still standin (sort of),” he wrote. “Portugal and Belgium I’m comin and it’s gonna be f—ing mad. See you next week. Let’s ride.”

It’s Not the First Time He’s Performed While Injured

Yungblud Reveals Major Leg Injury but Says He'll Keep Touring - Parade

Yungblud has previously refused to let an injury completely sideline him.

In 2018, he fractured his ankle during a show in Houston. Rather than cancel his next scheduled appearance, he performed at the Austin City Limits Music Festival in Texas the following day while using a wheelchair.

His latest injury comes shortly after the singer stepped away from another scheduled performance for different reasons.

Last month, Yungblud “reluctantly” withdrew from the Cowboys Music Festival in Canada, where he had been scheduled to perform on July 12.

In a social media statement reported by Rolling Stone, he apologized to his Canadian fans and explained that he was spending time at home in the U.K. while focusing on himself.

“To all my family in Canada I apologize for not being there with you all this weekend — I’m currently in a place where I’m working on myself and taking time off at home in the UK,” he said.

Yungblud emphasized that he was taking the situation seriously and thinking about his long-term well-being.

“I’m taking this extremely seriously and facing head on what’s going on for the good of the long term,” he continued. “I will never take any of this for granted and I will see you all soon. I love you all.”

Now, despite his injured leg and the crutches, Yungblud is signaling that he intends to keep moving forward with his upcoming performances, including his scheduled appearance at the Vilar de Mouros Festival in Portugal.